- Consciousness-one level is understanding where we are in space. Consciousness two is where we understand our position in society: who's top dog, who's underdog and who's in the middle. And type-three consciousness is simulating the future. And type-three consciousness, only humans have this ability to see far into the future.
Michio Kaku - Keyword(s): Consciousness , Ability , Future
- Food. Water. Shelter. Air. Sleep. Societal inflation has expanded need into greed. Suddenly the basic survival needs also include a cell phone, cable TV, and French manicured fingernails.... We've become the absolute biggest whiners of all human history with the absolute smallest justification for whining.
Charlie Diekatze - Keyword(s): Greed , Humankind
- Depressed? Of course we're all depressed. We've been so quickly, violently, and irreconcilably plucked from nature, from physical labor, from kinship and village mentality, from every natural and primordial antidepressant. The further society "progresses," the grander the scale of imbalance.
M. Robin D'Antan - Keyword(s): Nature
- Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, man does not lose his being in the society in which he lives. Man's life is independent. He is born not for the development of the society alone, but for the development of his self.
B.R. Ambedkar - Keyword(s): Men , Independence
- It can be a little too easy sometimes to dismiss arguments you don't like as hate speech, or to complain that this or that speaker makes you feel... disrespected. Being offended is not to be confused with a state of grace. It's the occasional price we pay for living in an open society.
Ian McEwan - Keyword(s): Freedom , Respect
- Most people know more about their congressmen via smear campaigns than they know about their own neighbor via conversations, and a lot of people know more about Britney Spears via tabloids than they know about their own congressmen via voting booklets. Does anyone else see the problem here?
Brock Fiant - Keyword(s):