- There is no such cozy combination as man and wife.
Menander - Keyword(s):
- Bride, n. A woman with a fine prospect behind her.
Ambrose Bierce - Keyword(s): , Women
- Love, the strongest and deepest element in all life, the harbinger of hope, of joy, of ecstasy; love, the defier of laws, of all conventions; love, the freest, the most powerful molder of human destiny; how can such an all-compelling force be synonymous with that poor little State- and church-begotten weed, marriage?
Emma Goldman - Keyword(s): Love
- Home cooking: where many a man thinks his wife is.
Anonymous - Keyword(s): , Men
- The concern that some women show at the absence of their husbands, does not arise from their not seeing them and being with them, but from their apprehension that their husbands are enjoying pleasures in which they do not participate, and which, from their being at a distance, they have not the power of interrupting.
Michel de Montaigne - Keyword(s):