- Bad food is made without pride, by cooks who have no pride, and no love. Bad food is made by chefs who are indifferent, or who are trying to be everything to everybody, who are trying to please everyone... Bad food is fake food... food that shows fear and lack of confidence in people's ability to discern or to make decisions about their lives.
Anthony Bourdain - Keyword(s): Ability , Love , Pride
- I do not like eating meat because I have seen lambs and pigs killed. I saw and felt their pain. They felt the approaching death. I could not bear it. I cried like a child. I ran up a hill and could not breathe. I felt that I was choking. I felt the death of the lamb.
Vaslav Nijinsky - Keyword(s): Animals , Death , Vegetarianism
- Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing.
Walt Kelly - Keyword(s): , Thinking
- We manage to swallow flesh only because we do not think of the cruel and sinful thing that we do. Cruelty... is a fundamental sin, and admits of no arguments or nice distinctions. If only we do not allow our heart to grow callous, it protests against cruelty, is always clearly heard; and yet we go on perpetrating cruelties easily, merrily, all of us.
Rabindranath Tagore - Keyword(s): , Vegetarianism , Sin , Cruelty
- And I find chopsticks frankly distressing. Am I alone in thinking it odd that a people ingenious enough to invent paper, gunpowder, kites and any number of other useful objects, and who have a noble history extending back 3,000 years haven't yet worked out that a pair of knitting needles is no way to capture food?
Bill Bryson - Keyword(s):
- A golfer's diet: live on greens as much as possible.
Anonymous - Keyword(s): Dieting , Golf