- I fast for greater physical and mental efficiency.
Plato - Keyword(s):
- Fasting blinds the body in order to open the eyes of your soul.
Rumi - Keyword(s): Body , Soul
- He who eats until he is sick must fast until he is well.
English Proverb - Keyword(s): , Food , Health
- Fasting is the greatest remedy, the physician within.
Paracelsus - Keyword(s): , Health
- During a fast, the digestive system gets an increasing rest. About ten hours after a meal, the contractions stop and the feeling of hunger disappears; five or six hours later the glucose stops coming directly from the intestines and begins to produce itself from the reserve of glycogen contained in the liver. From then on, the body works on itself in a closed circuit, becoming itself the source of the energy it uses.
Adalbert de Vogue - Keyword(s):