- Experience is a comb which nature gives us when we are bald.
Proverb - Keyword(s): , Hair
- You couldn't get hold of the things you'd done and turn them right again. Such a power might be given to the gods, but it was not given to women and men, and that was probably a good thing. Had it been otherwise, people would probably die of old age still trying to rewrite their teens.
Stephen King - Keyword(s): , Men , Women , Teenagers
- We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again - and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore.
Mark Twain - Keyword(s): , Wisdom
- To be a champion, I think you have to see the big picture. It's not about winning and losing; it's about every day hard work and about thriving on a challenge. It's about embracing the pain that you'll experience at the end of a race and not being afraid. I think people think too hard and get afraid of a certain challenge.
Summer Sanders - Keyword(s): Challenge , Work , Pain
- When we protect children from every possible source of danger, we also prevent them from having the kinds of experiences that develop their sense of self-reliance, their ability to assess and mitigate risk, and their sense of accomplishment.
Gever Tulley - Keyword(s): Children , Accomplishment , Ability
- Enlightened leadership is spiritual if we understand spirituality not as some kind of religious dogma or ideology but as the domain of awareness where we experience values like truth, goodness, beauty, love and compassion, and also intuition, creativity, insight and focused attention.
Deepak Chopra - Keyword(s): Leadership , Truth , Attention
- Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.
Auguste Rodin - Keyword(s): , Wisdom , Time