- Looking ahead, future generations may learn their social skills from robots in the first place. The cute yellow Keepon robot from Carnegie Mellon University has shown the ability to facilitate social interactions with autistic children. Morphy at the University of Washington happily teaches gestures to children by demonstration.
Daniel H. Wilson - Keyword(s): Ability , Future
- When we protect children from every possible source of danger, we also prevent them from having the kinds of experiences that develop their sense of self-reliance, their ability to assess and mitigate risk, and their sense of accomplishment.
Gever Tulley - Keyword(s): , Experience , Accomplishment , Ability
- A child can ask questions that a wise man cannot answer.
Anonymous - Keyword(s): , Wisdom
- A child born to a Black mother in a state like Mississippi... has exactly the same rights as a white baby born to the wealthiest person in the United States. It's not true, but I challenge anyone to say it is not a goal worth working for.
Thurgood Marshall - Keyword(s): , Rights , Racism , Challenge
- Children are contemptuous, haughty, irritable, envious, sneaky, selfish, lazy, flighty, timid, liars and hypocrites, quick to laugh and cry, extreme in expressing joy and sorrow, especially about trifles, they'll do anything to avoid pain but they enjoy inflicting it: little men already.
Jean de La Bruyere - Keyword(s): , Selfishness , Joy , Pain
- Whether or not you have children yourself, you are a parent to the next generation. If we can only stop thinking of children as individual property and think of them as the next generation, then we can realize we all have a role to play.
Charlotte Davis Kasl - Keyword(s): , Parents , Generations , Property