- Enduring habits I hate.... Yes, at the very bottom of my soul I feel grateful to all my misery and bouts of sickness and everything about me that is imperfect, because this sort of thing leaves me with a hundred backdoors through which I can escape from enduring habits.
Friedrich Nietzsche - Keyword(s): , Habits
- The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.
John Vance Cheney - Keyword(s): , Sky , Soul , Tears
- Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.
Garth Brooks - Keyword(s): , God
- The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.
Harry Golden - Keyword(s): , Luck
- If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I would not pass it round. Trouble creates a capacity to handle it. I don't embrace trouble; that's as bad as treating it as an enemy. But I do say meet it as a friend, for you'll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it.
Oliver Wendell Holmes - Keyword(s):