- They're not gray hairs. They're wisdom highlights.
Keyword(s): Age , Hair
- How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?
Keyword(s): Hair , Life
- Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.
Keyword(s): Faith , Fear
- Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!"
- The oaks and the pines, and their brethren of the wood, have seen so many suns rise and set, so many seasons come and go, and so many generations pass into silence, that we may well wonder what "the story of the trees" would be to us if they had tongues to tell it, or we ears fine enough to understand.
- You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.
Keyword(s): Effort , Thinking , Work
- My granddaughter came to spend a few weeks with me, and I decided to teach her to sew. After I had gone through a lengthy explanation of how to thread the machine, she stepped back, put her hands on her hips, and said in disbelief, "You mean you can do all that, but you can't play my Game Boy?"
Keyword(s): Grandparents , Needlework
- Home cooking: where many a man thinks his wife is.
Keyword(s): Marriage , Men
- Most bicyclists in New York City obey instinct far more than they obey the traffic laws, which is to say that they run red lights, go the wrong way on one-way streets, violate cross-walks, and terrify innocents, because it just seems easier that way. Cycling in the city, and particularly in midtown, is anarchy without malice.